Thursday, April 1, 2010

Super Saturday

So it's a Saturday night and I think this is the first Saturday night I've had in for about 6 months. What's more, I spent the whole day yesterday doing NOTHING. That's right, nothing for the WHOLE day, except watching half of season 3 of the West Wing. That makes a nice change from being crazy busy all day every day and only coming home for 5 or 6 hours at a time to sleep. Ah bliss. What a start to my holidays - no work for a whole 12 days. Brilliant.

This morning I started my holidays in style, by using the gift voucher I got for my birthday at Beautyologist. I love their motto - "Bringing a touch of Paris to St Kilda"

I had bought some stuff here before - they sell really amazing soy candles, but had never had treatments here. Not sure why - it's just down the road from my house and its so cute inside. Anyway, I was a very lucky girl this year and got a $200 voucher from some of my favorite people, so I took myself off this morning for a 1 hour facial, 1 hour massage and a manicure. And ended up $5 out of pocket - that's very affordable indeed.

I had two hours upstairs and loved my full body massage - the room was super comfy and the oils smelt amazing. The therapist was lovely and didn't mind that I didn't want to chat, so instead I drifted away in relax-o-land, and listened to the great music that was playing. I loved it. She moved straight onto the facial and the best part about his was that she wasn't super pushy about the products they use. They use the Dermalogica Professional range, and I already use their moisturiser and cleanser, and usually when I have a facial (at Aurora at the Prince Hotel) they really push their products and up sell to the point of a guilt trip. The therapist at Beautyologist just had a general chat with me about products and said she would make a note on my file of what they used should I want to purchase anything in the future. Very nice.

I then went downstairs for my manicure - I probably wouldn't have my nails done there again. The use OPI polishes, which are great and I love their colours, but they had a really limited range. I ended up with a dark, almost black, purple (which is what I always pick) when I really wanted to try something new. There just wasn't that much choice! I also found it a bit strange that they just sat me on a couch and did my nails in the middle of the shop - at one point another girl came in to have her eyebrows waxed and sat down on the couch next to me and they did it out in the open! Kinda cool, but not for me.

But the massage and facial were amazing and I will go back there for sure in the future. What a great start to my holidays :) Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment