Friday, January 27, 2017

5 years...

You know those times when you keep thinking "I must finish that piece of work" or "I cant forget to do that thing"

5 years later and I am that person who remembered that I promised to keep a faithful record of my life and endeavors.

Reading back over the posts is amazing and weird. Half the stuff I've written about, I cant remember. I have a terrible memory. Its nice to have something to remind you of when life was different and I was different.

So what's changed, 5 years on? I still work in charities. But now I work in super senior roles and also sit on the Board of another charity. I started my own business and did consulting in Melbourne and Sydney. I've been successful and happy in my work, for the most part. My current gig is hard and exciting and new and challenging.

I met my person and we live together and share a life together. That's pretty awesome but its also pretty tough sometimes. Reading back on these posts - I loved being single and my own person and you do lose some of that when you shack up with someone else. I guess it gets replaced with other stuff that's good too. Just different.

I got a kitty - Ralph and he is just the greatest. I hug-squeeze him every day.

I've traveled more, to the US and Philippines in 2015 and Japan in 2016. Then I went crazy and quit my job in 2016 and went on a 3 month worldwide adventure, from Europe to Russia, and the Trans-Siberian express to Beijing, and from China to South East Asia for 6 weeks. Hashtag takemeback

I wonder if today's commitment to maintain this online diary will continue?


edit: my bio is pretty much exactly the same, so not that much has changed...
I live in Melbourne. I have a bunny called Harry. I like hanging out with my friends. I have heaps of DVDs. I like good food, wine and beer. I want to travel a lot more. I work for a charity... not a real charity though. I love music. And my name is Gemma. Very pleased to meet you.

Today: I live in Melbourne. I have a cat called Ralph. I like hanging out with my friends. I have heaps of DVDs in a box somewhere I never use or look at. I like good food, wine and beer. I want to travel a lot more. I work for a charity... a real charity. I love music. And my name is Gemma. Very pleased to meet you.


No comments:

Post a Comment